We are looking for a (Full time / Part Time) Administrative / Shipping and Receiving Specialist to join our team. This role is responsible for retrieving items based on invoices or shipping lists, verifying the amount or type of items, safely packaging them for shipment, and customer service. As part of this process, you will maintain our shipment database and process purchase orders. If you share a love for coffee, we want to speak with you!
The Administrative / Shipping and Receiving Specialist works collaboratively with the warehouse coordinator to ensure shipments arrive safely and on-time. This role helps Slow Pour Supply achieve its mission by supporting the growth of local coffee communities across the region.
Shipping/Receiving Management (70%)
- Package, seal, and label inventory carefully for safe shipping to avoid any breakage by following proper safety procedures.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipments.
- Maintain dropship partner’s high quality standards for all fulfillments.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate documents are provided.
- Restocking and receiving inventory.
- Use moving equipment like forklifts and pallet jacks to safely and efficiently move inventory around the warehouse facility.
- Ensure delivery schedule is maintained and promptly alert Owner if a delay occurs or is likely.
- Maintain good relationships and open communication with suppliers to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Follow safety and equipment procedures to maintain a safe and tidy warehouse.
- Wear the proper safety equipment when performing warehouse specific duties.
Administrative Support (30%)
- Serve as point of contact with our retail and wholesale customers and freight carriers offering customer service to answer questions, offer solutions, and guide them through the ordering process.
- Monitor shipping supplies inventory and communicate ordering needs to ensure timely order processing.
- Utilize and operate the shipping systems.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to a safe and healthy working environment
- Punctuality is a must
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability to lift items, no more than 40 lbs.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at a time while staying organized
- Demonstrate time management skills
- Product supply understanding
- Comfortable talking and communicating with external vendors to resolve issues
- Ability to investigate and find the root cause of issues and follow through with corrective actions
- High attention to detail (Accurate Data Entry)
Candidate Should Possess:
- A love for coffee!
- Previous Customer Service and/or Hospitality experience a plus.
- Previous Shipping and/or Inventory Management experience a plus.
- Forklift Certification a plus.
What We Offer:
We understand that our people are the most important factor to our success. As a result, we value and invest in our people through:
- Inclusive and Creative Culture
- The schedule for this position will be 15-18 hours per week initially, with the ability to add additional hours as business needs increase.
- PTO accrual begins immediately - earn up to 14 PTO days per year
Slow Pour is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-time / Full Time
Pay: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location